Hi! My name is Courtney and I am a freelance graphic designer specialising in editorial design, marketing, illustration and branding. Most of my time is spent designing books in the craft/DIY sector, though I enjoy jumping into marketing and branding projects with clients across all sectors, from businesses big and small.
A few facts about me:
- I am from (Sweet Home) Alabama, but have lived in England since 2015.
- I’ve been working as graphic designer since 2009. I started at a newspaper in 2009 designing pages and ads, then moved on to work with a large publisher in 2010 where I worked my way up from junior designer to art director, then began freelancing in 2014.
- I’ve designed 50+ craft books/magazines since 2010 and editorial work continues to make up about 75% of my work.
- I studied art, graphic design and philosophy at the University of Alabama in Birmingham.
- I love: cats, coffee, drawing, reading, museum-ing, observing, exploring nature, meditation, yoga, singing, camping, typography, music, podcasts and making things.